Friday, May 21, 2010

State of IL DCFS approval...finally!

I received this e-mail today...

Hi Wynter,
The mail just arrived with the DCFS approval letter! Horray! DCFS is saying that 8 weeks has just become the norm.
Now we will send to your agency your notarized home study - we send a number of copies and they distribute them to you. Let me know if you want them sent FED EX to St. Mary's.
Hope all is well,
Maggie


Well, what I was told takes 3 weeks, took 8 weeks. I have a few choice comments on this, but I will not rant. So now, I need to know the best way to get everything apstilled in IL...
I already got the 1 document from Michigan apstilled, it took 2 weeks (for them to print out a pretty certificate with a gold sticker attaching it to David's birth certificate).

7 comments:

  1. Holy cow! It's about time! Good luck getting the rest of your documents apostilled. I'll be anxiously watching for your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would search online and see if there are any Secretary of States in IL that do walk in apostilling. There were about 6-7 places in MI to get it done. We had to drive about 1 1/2 hrs to get there but it was so nice not having to wait a week or two to get the papers back. Good Luck and Congrats, that is a huge step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that took a long time. I'm glad that step is finally finished for you. Like Renee said try to do walk in apostilling if you live close to the secretary of states office. We are not yet at the apostilling point with this adoption but with our daughter's adoption in 2003 we walked in to get the apostilling done. It was finished the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wohooo! I am sure that seemed like the longest 8 weeks but I am so happy you are finally able to move forward! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you finally got that one out of the way.....now you can move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our DCFS approval took 4 weeks in January, so I cannot imagine what waiting 8 weeks was like. Ridiculous. I heard there is one person who reviews for the entire state.

    To get everything apostilled in IL in about 15 minutes, go to the Index Department at 17 N. State St. Suite 1030, Chicago. Otherwise, you have to mail everything to Springfield. Good luck!!! I hope you have dossier to Poland in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are finally getting some good news.

    ReplyDelete