Monday, June 7, 2010

Mailed CIS form..took some pics



I mailed the USCIS form today (I800a) with a check for $910 ($670 fee + $80 per person in our household). Thanks for the advice everyone, I ended up sending the application, our birth & marriage certificates, and the check.




Now I wait for a response, I wonder how long it takes??? I am waiting for the documents that our homestudy agency was supposed to send us (police clearances/ FBI, etc. ) Wish I had insisted they provide them to me sooner. They were supposed to make copies, then send me the originals.




We took a family picture with the self timer today for the dossier. My oldest son is sticking out his tonge, but the rest of us are looking forward. I took several, but someone is always looking silly. I am debating using the one of the 2 of us..my husband is making a crazy face!




3 comments:

  1. Yay! That is a big step. I like the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Our I-800A took about 1 month. I was shocked because they had told us it would take 3 months. We have one little glitch that took about 5 days to clear. I know the others who sent theirs in around the same time took around 1 month also. I guess it depends on how busy they are. This is a big one! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The family picture is GREAT! Congrats on accomplishing a great big step!

    ReplyDelete