Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I-800a mail

We came home from MI last night, but there was still no approval letter. So today I called and since our original appointment wasn't until August 18th, that is why the paperwork wasn't processed (something like that). So a very nice man named Elliot, set the process moving while I was on the phone and it will be on his desk by tomorrow, then in the mail to us.

My problem now is that we usually come home every Tuesday from MI for appointments, etc., but next week, we are planning a camping trip to Mackinaw Island. So, do I come home (2.5 hour drive each way) on Monday just for this letter and then back to MI, then another 6 hour drive to Mackinaw? Or do I just wait until the 23rd, when we have to be back in IL anyway for the start of school? I'm tempted to do the drive.... 2 weeks seems like nothing compared to the year we have been working on this.


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get some information about your I-800A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have someone check your mail and then let you know if it comes. They could fed-ex it to you. Just a thought! I love to hear good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Wynn,

    Just checking in. What did you decide?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided to stay in Michigan....driving from MI to IL, then back to MI, then up to Mackinac Island was toooo much. My family's last summer trip was great! We rode bikes all over Mackinac Island with my littlest one in the burley, the empty seat in the burley held a backpack, but next year, maybe a little girl.

    ReplyDelete